After spending a combined 8 years of product development and selling over 1,000 pairs of our S Chassis knuckles we naturally progressed towards the Z's. We have developed a lightweight yet strong drop knuckle. They come with dual caliper brackets as standard, high-quality PTFE lined spherical bearings throughout and have all new kinematics to drastically improve anti-squat, bump steer, camber gain curves and raised roll center height.
- Ability to run dual caliper without spacing the rotor out
- Ability to run drum brake in standard position with dual calipers (or single caliper) installed
- The drop is 40 mm - optimized for cars 40 mm lower than factory ride height (more drop would have required proprietary arms)
- High-quality PTFE lined spherical bearings throughout as standard, common bearing size so replacements are easy to get and affordable (QA1/FK part #COM10T)
- All new kinematics to significantly increase grip over regular drop knuckles
- Optimized camber curve for more even tire wear
- Optimized bump steer for toe-in under compression without OEM arms' elastokinematics
- Increased anti-squat for more rear weight transfer and traction
- Raised roll center height for better handling
- Lightweight sheet metal design optimized using finite element analyses for ultimate strength - fully dressed weight (bearings, spacers, circlips) 3.9kg (standard knuckle is 5.1kg)
- Nissan Z33 350z
- Nissan V35 Skyline
- Nissan Z34 370z
- Nissan V36 Skyline
- Aftermarket toe and traction rods ARE required and MUST have rose joints as the suspension mounting points on the knuckle are significantly altered and rubber or similar wouldn't have enough misalignment to work. Lower camber arms and upper camber arms can be OEM or aftermarket and do not need to be changed. OEM bushings in lower control arms will produce different bump steer curves
- For optimal results our upper camber arms and our anti squat relocation kit are recommended: https://au.gktech.com/z33-350z-bolt-on-anti-squat-kit
What makes these rear knuckles different to other drop knuckles?Our rear knuckles are not just drop knuckles, they have different suspension arm mounting points which results in altered and improved camber curves and bump steer. This results in far more grip and very predicatble grip. Seperate to having all new kinematics these rear knuckles use spherical bearings (a common size also incase you need to ever replace them), and have dual caliper brackets as standard. In additon, the OEM handbrake can still be used as per normal. Are there any prerequisites in fitting these knuckles? The OEM upper camber arms and OEM toe arms/spring bucket can be used but both traction arms and lower camber arms must be adjustable with spherical bearings is a requirement due to the altered mounting positions on the drop knuckle. Can I use a true style coilover with these knuckles?Yes, you can use either an OEM style setup or a true style with a separate spring and damper. The benefit of using a true style coilover is improved suspension motion ratio = more linear grip. To get the most out of these knuckles, what do you recommend?To get even more out of the knuckles we do recommend all arms to have spherical bearings (not rubber or polyurethane) and ideally, all adjustable. Even better is running our new anti squat relocation kit as seen here: https://au.gktech.com/z33-350z-bolt-on-anti-squat-kitDoes the knuckle change the ride height of the car?It does not change the ride height, it just changes the position of the rear arms to correct geometry whilst being low.Will these fit my car?We can only confirm fitment for the vehicles listed above under "confirmed fitment" however also take note that as mentioned in the product description aftermarket traction, traction and lower camber arms are required and they must have rose joints for misalignment.
How long is the warranty on these rear knuckles?All GKTECH suspension products come with a lifetime warranty against manufacturing defects.The Teflon lined rose joints come with a 1 year replacement warranty.We stock spare bearings so even after the 12 months is up we can still help with replacements, worse case scenario they're a COM10T spherical bearing and are readily available through your local autoshop.
Are these rear knuckles legal for use on street cars?Our understanding is that any suspension arm with a spherical bearing is not legal for street use in Australia. However we do recommend that you contact your local RTA for clarification/confirmation. Whether you use these on public roads is at your discretion and we will not be held resonsible for the outcome.
Do you carry spare parts for this product?Yes we carry the following spare parts for this product;Replacement Com10T Bearing -Spare part can be found here