INSTALLATION METHOD FOR HEAD STUD KITS
Part Number: 102-4701 Application: Nissan 2.0L (SR20DE) DOHC 4-cyl
1. Always verify the part number for your application with the part number on the side of box and the part
number on the instruction sheet. This will help ensure you have the correct installation procedure for
your specific application before installing any components.
2. Clean and inspect all hardware prior to installation. Look for obvious defects or shipping damages, plus proper
fit, length and dimension.
3. To ensure proper thread engagement and accurate torque readings, clean ALL threads in the block. Chase if
necessary with ARP Thread Chaser, part number 912-0005 (M11 X 1.5).
4. If the cylinder head studs protrude into a water jacket, lubricate the block threads of the studs with ARP
5. Screw studs into the block “HAND TIGHT ONLY”.
NOTE: LOCTITE MAY BE USED IF A PERMANENT MOUNTING OF THE STUDS IS PREFERRED. THE
FASTENERS, HOWEVER, MUST BE TORQUED PRIOR TO THE LOCTITE SETTING UP.
6. Install the cylinder head(s) and check for binding or misalignment.
7. Lubricate the stud threads, nuts and washers with ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY
LUBRICANT. Then install the washers and the nuts onto the studs and tighten them hand tight. ARP
recommends using the ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT that is provided with
each kit as opposed to motor oil. This is due to higher friction on the studs as well as inconsistencies
in the clamping force of the fasteners when motor oil or other low quality lubricants are used.
PRELOAD (TORQUE) RECOMMENDATIONS
8. Following the manufacturers recommended torque sequence tighten the nuts in three equal steps to 90 ft lbs
with ARP ULTRA-TORQUE FASTENER ASSEMBLY LUBRICANT.
Note: ARP Ultra-Torque Fastener Assembly Lubricant has been specifically designed to reduce tension preload scatter and
eliminate the need to cycle high performance engine fasteners before final installation. ARP Ultra-Torque far surpasses all
requirements offered by previous ARP lubricants in terms of fastener preload repeatability and performance lubricating
properties. For more information on ARP Ultra-Torque visit our website at www.arp-bolts.com or call 1 800-826-3045.
Bolt Torque Sequence